Wednesday, September 7, 2022

 Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Battery Point Lighthouse Keeper's Log


It was another very nice day in Crescent City, California.  There was a slight haze against the distant hills which I believe may be smoke from fires in Humboldt County south of us.  We had a fire fighter here today who told me the Humboldt fire is 80% contained.  

This morning I fed the gulls, put up the flag, and trimmed the property.  I used a gas powered weed whacker that is supplied for our use.  Afterwards, I swept the clippings off the walkway.

Teare did laundry and a lot of cooking today in preparation for our guests this weekend.

At 2:00, we started our tours and finished the last tour at 4:30.  We had 62 guests and collected $379.46 in donations and sales.  It was an international day as we had visitors from UK, Ukraine, Canada, Japan, and Australia.  Most everyone was happy to be here and glad they took the tour.

After the tours, I took a walk along the city beach which lies between the lighthouse and the marina. 




Once back on the rock, I met a gentleman who was notably dressed from head to toe in Boston Celtics attire.  He had a Celtics hat, a jacket with shamrocks and all the world championships on it and green pants that looked like Celtics warmups.  I visited with him a while and warned that the incoming tide.  Turns out, he is from St. Albans, West Virginia and is the self-proclaimed, "Best Boston Celtics fan in the world."  To prove this claim, he gave me the number of the Boston Celtics and told me to ask them who the greatest fan is.  He guaranteed they would provide his name.  No, I did NOT follow up on this.  As you can imagine, it was an honor to meet someone who is the best in the world at anything.  I watched him as he carefully removed his green shoes and walked through the shallow surf in his Celtic socks...

We had a beautiful sunset.  I fed the gulls and brought down the flag.


We hope all is well with you.

Good Night from Battery Point Lighthouse

Teare and Bill





No comments:

Post a Comment